How to program your Direct TV remote control to the TV or other devices:
- Press MENU on remote.
- Select “Parental, Favs and Setup”.
- Select “System Setup”.
- Select “Remote”.
- Select “Program Remote”.
While aiming remote at device, follow onscreen instructions to program remote to TV, DVD, or other device.
How to program the white DIRECTV remote to your TV
- Look up the remote control codes for your DIRECTV remote control.
- Make sure your TV is turned on.
- Slide the mode switch at top of remote to “TV”.
- Press and hold the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.
- While still holding down MUTE, press and hold the SELECT button until the green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
- Enter the first TV code you have. The green light on remote should flash twice.
- Aim remote at TV and press PWR button once. The TV should power off.
- Once the TV is able to power off/on and control the volume, slide the mode switch at the top of the remote back to the left (DIRECTV). Your remote is now programmed.
If the TV does not power off, repeat steps 4, 5, 6, and 7, using the next code for your TV brand.
If remote control fails to program using all available codes, try scanning for the code.
How to scan for TV codes on your DIRECTV remote
- Make sure your TV is turned on, duh.
- Slide the mode switch at top of remote to the tv position
- Press and hold (for a few seconds) the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.
- While still holding down MUTE, press and hold (a few more seconds) the SELECT button until green light at the top of the remote flashes two times.
- Then enter 9911, the green light on remote should flash two times, again.
- Point remote at TV and press CHANNEL UP button. Tap that button until the TV powers off.
- When the TV powers off, press and release the SELECT button.
Note: If the green light flashes three times before TV responds, then all codes have been cycled through. Our remote controls are guaranteed to program to your DIRECTV receiver, however your TV may not be compatible with our remote control.